TA100 Pro - Installing and Running
The information in this article applies to:
SummaryThis guide is designed to walk you through the procedure of installing TA100 Pro and running it for the first time. We will go through all the steps necessary to do so. Before we start you will need the following items:
1. Your TA100 Pro Software Install CD
2. Your Sentinel USB Key (looks like a flash drive)
Once we've gathered these two things we can begin. We'll be installing several things from the TA100 Pro disk. Outside of TA100 Pro itself we'll also install these two software components:
1. Foxpro 9 Library SP2
2. Sentinel Protection Installer
Both Foxpro and Sentinel Protection are included on the TA100 Pro Software CD. By default during the installation process for TA100 Pro both Foxpro and Sentinel Protection will install. Foxpro is the database library that TA100 Pro uses to store its data. Sentinel Protection is the software driver that supports your USB Key.
If you're familiar with installing software on Windows you can skip the following steps. Keep in mind that if you plan to add Workstation installs of TA100 Pro when prompted you will need to allow the installer to modify your firewall settings to allow Workstation PC's to connect to your main installation PC. This allows the software to communicate with your USB Key.
Step-by-step Installation Instructions:
1. Plug in USB Key to USB slot on computer
2. Green light will come on solid on the key
3. If you get the "Found New Hardware Wizard" windows click Cancel
4. Insert your TA100Pro Installation CD into your CD drive
5. Wait for Autoplay to launch TA100 Pro Setup window
6. On the "Welcome tot eh InstallShield Wizard for TA100 Pro" screen click Next
7. On the "License Agreement" screen click Yes
8. On the "Setup Type" screen select Full and click Next
9. On the "Choose Destination Location" screen click Next
10. On the "Select Program Folder" screen click Next
11. You will now see the "Setup Status" window when TA100 Pro is now installing
12. On the "InstallShield Wizard Complete" window click Finish
13. You will briefly see two windows before you see the "Foxpro 9 Library SP2" window
14. Click next
15. On the "Customer Information" window click next
16. You will see a "Installing Foxpro 9 SP2 Library" window briefly
17. On the "InstallShield Wizard Completed" window click Finish
18. You will see two windows open briefly
19. On the "Sentinel Protection Installer" window click Next
20. On the "License Agreement" screen select "I accept" and click Next
21. On the "Setup Type" screen select Complete and click Next
22. On the "Ready to Install the Program" screen click Install
23. If you see the "Windows Firewall detected!" screen click Yes
24. When you see the "InstallShield Wizard Completed" screen click Finish
25. You will see a window that says "Installation Complete"
26. Click OK
27. Installation is complete! You can now take the Installation CD out of your CD drive
Now that we've installed TA100 Pro we're ready to run it. Based on our installation procedure TA100 Pro may be run in one of any of the following three ways:
1. Desktop shortcut ("TA100 Pro")
2. Start menu shortcut ("TA100 Pro" in the "TA100 Pro" folder)
3. From the file system (C:\TA100PRO\Ta100Pro.exe)
If you changed the path to your TA100 Pro folder during the installation procedure the path in item number 3 will be incorrect. To find the path to your Ta100Pro.exe executable file you could do the following:
1. Right click on a TA100 Pro shortcut
2. Select Properties
3. The location of the Ta100Pro.exe executable file is set in your Target field
Once you've found your shortcut or executable run the program. You'll see the TA100 Pro splash screen followed by a login. Your default login for TA100 Pro is SYSOP for User and password for Password. Once you login you have successfully installed and ran TA100 Pro!
KB0012 Published 20th Sep 2013
THE INFORMATION IN THIS DOCUMENT IS PROVIDED ON AN AS-IS BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
PROVIDER SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL PROVIDER BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF PROVIDER HAS BEEN ADVISED BY USER OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH POTENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE. USER AGREES TO HOLD PROVIDER HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, LIABILITIES AND EXPENSES.
file_get_contents(doc/VERSION): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in htmlfooter.inc.php @ line 27 file_get_contents() include()
SiT! v3.67 p2 (18 August 2012)
Revision Build No.