TA100 Pro - Adding a HandPunch
The information in this article applies to:
The process of creating a clock
allows your TA100 Pro software to communicate with the clock hardware. Your clock hardware must be configured before configuring TA100 Pro to use the clock. This procedure is described in detail in the Networking guide.
Once you have your clock hardware configured and network-ready you must then configure the TA100 Pro software. Doing so will allow us to perform the following necessary functions:
* Program the clock
* Send/retrieve templates
* Retrieve and clear transactions
* Process punches from transactions
All of these features when available are collectively referred to as polling. When you communicate with the Hand Reader clock from the TA100 Pro software you poll the clock to perform a certain set of functions. Polling may either occur manually, by your mouse click at your time of choosing, or automatically at set times or a set interval.
This process will guide you through adding in a new Hand Reader clock. We assume this is the first clock of its type, meaning you have only this clock configured in your software. If you already have a Hand Reader configured in the software you will have one additional step. When you are prompted to copy settings from your existing Hand Reader say No and follow the steps to create a new clock.
1. Launch TA100 Pro
2. Login using your credentials (username/password)
3. Open "Configure Hand Reader Clocks" menu:
Communications -> Configure -> Hand Reader...
4. Click Add button
5. Enter a 4 digit code for the clock
6. Enter a Description (this will show up on the left-hand side of the screen when finished)
7. Set your Idle prompt (usually your company name)
8. In the Communication area select the Ethernet radio button
9. Enter the IP address that this clock is configured to use (not the address in the screenshot)
10. Click OK and you will no longer see the edit screen
KB0023 Published 27th Sep 2013
THE INFORMATION IN THIS DOCUMENT IS PROVIDED ON AN AS-IS BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
PROVIDER SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL PROVIDER BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF PROVIDER HAS BEEN ADVISED BY USER OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH POTENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE. USER AGREES TO HOLD PROVIDER HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, LIABILITIES AND EXPENSES.